April 15, 2019
Nine Weil partners have been shortlisted by Euromoney Legal Media Group as part of the eighth annual Americas Women in Business Law Awards. The individual awards recognize the best attorneys in each respective practice area across the Americas, highlighting the achievements of leading female lawyers.
Weil’s attorneys are finalists in the following practice areas:
- Kimberly Blanchard – Best in Tax
- Jackie Cohen – Best in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Annemargaret Connolly – Best in Environment
- Sarah Coyne – Best in White Collar Crime
- Marcia Goldstein – Best in Insolvency & Restructuring
- P.J. Himelfarb – Best in Corporate Governance
- Marilyn French Shaw – Best in Private Equity
- Randi Singer – Best in Copyright
- Heather Viets – Rising Star, Finance
In addition, Weil was shortlisted for nine Firm awards, including Best International Firm for Women in Business Law, Best International Firm for Diversity and Best International Firm for Pro Bono Work.
Euromoney Legal Media Group, a division of Euromoney Institutional Investor, comprises a wide range of legal publications that publish market-leading information for in-house counsel, external practitioners and industry leaders in a number of core practice areas. The awards recognize the firms setting the standard in terms of female-friendly work practices and the women at the forefront of the legal industry. The winners of the 2019 Americas Women in Business Law Awards will be announced at an event in New York City on June 6.